Saturday, June 17, 2006

So hey everybody!!! Well all I have to say is that God has been working like crazy in Union county. We have seen 27 kids come to Christ within two weeks. I have seen how God uses the smallest things like balloon animals and face painting to reach the hearts of kids and their parents. I have been burnt by the sun, run my knee into the trailer hitch of a truck, and been peed on by a little boy, and let me tell you, i have had a BLAST doing it. I have had the privelege of sharing the gospel during the large group gathering... and God has just put words into my mouth and every single time I see kids raise their hands to accept Christ, I am suprised and overjoyed. I dont know why I'm suprised, but I am... and its one of the best suprises ever!!! You know how you feel when your suprised by a really awesome gift? Thats the kind of suprised I get every time I see kids raise their hands. And the most unbelievable thing happened last night. The people that own the hotel are Indians and are some of the best people!!! Also the ladies that work at the front desk and the housekeeping ladies have been sooo nice to us and have just made us feel so at home. I was a little apprehensive about staying 14 days in a hotel, but my teammates and they have helped it seem not even like a hotel. But that is not the unbelievable thing that happened. God has had this in the works for a while. ohk... u know how i said that the owners of the hotel were Indian, well this week their family has come into town for a wedding... and im not just talking about a few people... I'm talking about a lot of family members. Well Audrey felt like last week that if we had time we should see if they would let us have a block party at the hotel for them and their kids. Well we asked them... they said yes... and they said they'd put it up on the sign on the road... and get this... they even said we could share the gospel while we were doing it!!! Sharing the gospel with all of these children that are of the Hindu belief was one of the most scary and best moments of my life!!! I didnt want to mess the opportunity up that God had put in front of us... and I was sooo scared that I wouldnt say what He wanted me too... but God just put the words into my mouth once again. Last night was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen in my life because they were all in their wedding outfits which were absolutely GORGEOUS... and we were able to give them balloon animals and do face painting and sno-kones, and play games and do salvation bracelets and share the gospel with them. I really can't explain the experience on here. So... I guess you would say that my experience here in Union county has been completely unbelievable!!! The churches were wonderful... and so were the youth pastors and the youth that we worked with. I dont know if I will ever see any of these youth again... but if ya'll read this... you have been awesome and I have enjoyed workin with ya'll at the block parties and also hanging out w/ya'll... you're FANTASTIC people!!! Well for prayer requests... just pray for the kids that have accepted Christ these past few weeks... and also for every child and Youth group that we have worked with... also for the strength of the team and for the places we will be working later this summer. Ohhk... well i could keep going forever about these past two weeks... and I might write more about it later... but im gonna head out now... so Ill talk to all of ya'll later!!!

Another joke for you:
Why did the elephant cross the road????
It was the chickens day off.... : )

Heather-Grace

No comments: